Research Physical Scientist, ZP-1301-3/4 - Open Until 10/29/19
As a Research Physical Scientist, you will perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement numerical hydrologic models, and design and execute field programs to calibrate and validate these models.
- Serve as a Principal Investigator preparing, coordinating and directing the implementation of a research program or project. Define technical problems requiring study and/or solution and plan and develop advanced scientific and technical studies and evaluations within the program.
- Provide responsibility for all aspects and phases of the research work including: planning and conducting experiments; collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; drawing conclusions; making recommendations for future work required; transitioning research to operational products; and publishing technical reports and peer reviewed papers and giving scientific presentations on research findings.
- Develop short and long-term needs assessment research, coordinate and develop new procedures and guidelines requiring the use of advanced scientific techniques, and integrate emerging technologies into program systems.
- Serve as the branch’s technical representative on hydrologic related panels, committees, and conferences.
How to apply:
All applications must be submitted through USAJobs.gov.
Individuals with disabilities; Federal employees - Competitive service; Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL); Military spouses; Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
Special authorities and Veterans apply here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548768200
All other qualified United States Citizens or Nationals; CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, apply here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548768400
THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NOAA GLERL EEO Information