Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newell, S.E., T.W. Davis, T.H. JOHENGEN, D.C. GOSSIAUX, A. BURTNER, D. PALLADINO, and M.J. McCarthy. Reduced forms of nitrogen are a driver of non-nitrogen-fixing harmful cyanobacterial blooms and toxicity in Lake Erie. Harmful Algae 81:86-93 (DOI:10.1016/j.hal.2018.11.003) (2019). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2019/20190010.pdf
- Berry, M.A., T.W. DAVIS, R.M. Cory, M.B. Duhaime, T.H. JOHENGEN, C.L. Kling, J.A. Marino, P.A. Den Uyl, D.C. GOSSIAUX, G.J. Dick, and V.J. Denef. Cyanobacterial harmful algal blooms are a biological disturbance to western Lake Erie bacterial communities. Environmental Microbiology 19(Thematic Issue on Environmental Glycerol Metabolism):1149-1162 (DOI:10.1111/1462-2920.13640) (2017).
- Steffen, M.M., T.W. DAVIS, R.M. McKay, G.S. Bullerjahn, L.E. Krausfeldt, J.M.A. Stough, M.L. Neitzey, N.E. Gilbert, G.L. Boyer, T.H. JOHENGEN, D.C. GOSSIAUX, A.M. BURTNER, D. PALLADINO, M.D. ROWE, G.J. Dick, K.A. Meyer, S. Levy, B.E. Boone, R.P. Stumpf, T.T. Wynne, P.V. Zimba, D. Gutierrez, and S.W. Wilhelm. Ecophysiological Examination of the Lake Erie Microcystis Bloom in 2014: Linkages between Biology and the Water Supply Shutdown of Toledo, OH. Environmental Science & Technology (DOI:0.1021/acs.est.7b00856) (2017). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2017/20170017.pdf
- Reavie, E.D., M. Cai, M.R. Twiss, H.J. Carrick, T.W. DAVIS, T.H. JOHENGEN, D.C. GOSSIAUX, D.E. Smith, D. PALLADINO, A. BURTNER, and G.V. Sgro. Winter–spring diatom production in Lake Erie is an important driver of summer hypoxia. Journal of Great Lakes Research 42(3):608-618 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2016.02.013) (2016).
- Stumpf, R.P., T.W. DAVIS, T.T. Wynne, J.L. Graham, K.A. Loftin, T.H. JOHENGEN, D.C. GOSSIAUX, D. PALLADINO, and A. BURTNER. Challenges for mapping cyanotoxin patterns from remote sensing of cyanobacteria. Harmful Algae 54:160-173 (DOI:10.1016/j.hal.2016.01.005) (2016).
* denotes speaker
- NEWELL, S.E., T.W. DAVIS, T.H. JOHENGEN, D.C. GOSSIAUX, A.M. BURTNER, D.A. PALLADINO, and M. McCarthy. Reduced forms of nitrogen are a driver of non-nitrogen-fixing cyanoHABs and toxicity in Lake Erie IAGLR 2018, 61st Conference on Great Lakes Research, Toronto, ON, Canada, June 18-22 (2018).
- DAVIS, T.W., T.H. JOHENGEN, G. Doucette, C.M. Mikulski, A.A. RITZENTHALER, S.B. Watson, J.H. Ciborowski, G.S. Bullerjahn, R.M. McKay, J. Chaffin, M.D. ROWE, E.J. ANDERSON, D.C. GOSSIAUX, A.M. BURTNER, and D.A. PALLADINO. Combining advanced molecular techniques and near real-time instrumentation to monitor cyanoHABs and microcystins in the lower Great Lakes. Milton, ON, April 26 – 27, 2017 (2017).
- Hoffman, D.K., M.J. Mccarthy, T.W. DAVIS, D.C. GOSSIAUX, A.M. BURTNER, T.H. JOHENGEN, D.A. PALLADINO, W.S. Gardner, J.A. Myers, and S.E. Newell. Water Column Ammonium Dynamics Affecting Harmful Cyanobacterial Blooms in Lake Erie. IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- Ming, T., H.A. VANDERPLOEG, M.D. ROWE, D.L. FANSLOW, J.R. Strickler, R.J. MILLER, T.H. JOHENGEN, T.W. DAVIS, and D.C. GOSSIAUX. Effect of light exposure and nutrients on buoyancy of Microcystis colonies (poster). IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).