Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at email@example.com.
- Kelley, J.G.W., Y. Chen, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, and P. Machuan. Upgrade of NOS Lake Michigan and Lake Huron operational forecast systems to FVCOM : model development and hindcast skill assessment. NOAA technical memorandum NOS CS 42. NOAA National Ocean Service, Silver Spring, MD, 116 pp. (DOI:10.25923/mmyb-qh56) (2020). https://repository.library.noaa.gov/view/noaa/23891
- Nalepa, T.F., L.E. Burlakova, A.K. ELGIN, A.Y. Karatayev, G.A. LANG, and K. Mehler. Abundance and Biomass of Benthic Macroinvertebrates in Lake Michigan in 2015, with a Summary of Temporal Trends. NOAA Technical Memorandum GLERL-175. NOAA, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, Mich., 42 pp. (DOI:10.25923/g0d3-3v41) (2020). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/tech_reports/glerl-175/tm-175.pdf
- Ye, X., P. CHU, E.J. ANDERSON, C. Huang, G.A. LANG, and P. Xue. Improved thermal structure simulation and optimized sampling strategy for Lake Erie using a data assimilative model. Journal of Great Lakes Research 46(1):144-158 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2019.10.018) (2020). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2020/20200006.pdf
- ANDERSON, E.J., A.F. MANOME, J. KESSLER, G.A. LANG, P.Y. CHU, J.G.W. Kelley, Y. Chen, and J. WANG. Ice Forecasting in the Next-Generation Great Lakes Operational Forecast System (GLOFS). Journal of Marine Science and Engineering 6(4):123 (DOI:10.3390/jmse6040123) (2018). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2019/20190003.pdf
- Kelley, J.G.W., Y. Chen, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, and J. Xu. Upgrade of NOS Lake Erie Operational Forecast System (LEOFS) to FVCOM: Model Development and Hindcast Skill Assessment. NOAA Technical Memorandum NOS CS 40. NOAA Office of Coast Survey,, Silver Spring, MD, 92 pp. (2018). https://repository.library.noaa.gov/view/noaa/17253
- Nalepa, T.F., C.M. Riseng, A.K. ELGIN, and G.A. LANG. Abundance and Distribution of Benthic Macroinvertebrates in the Lake Huron System: Saginaw Bay, 2006-2009, and Lake Huron, including Georgian Bay and North Channel, 2007 and 2012. NOAA Technical Memorandum GLERL-172. NOAA, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, 54 pp. (DOI:10.25923/aqe2-ma69) (2018). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/tech_reports/glerl-172/tm-172.pdf
* denotes speaker
- Rostaminia, M., M. Peng, J. Xu, A. Zhang, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, J.G.W. Kelley, and Y. Chen. A semi-operational ice nowcast/forecast modeling system, supporting navigation in Lake Erie. AGU Fall Meeting 2020, Virtual, December, 2020 (2020).
- MANOME, A.F., G.E. Mann, E.J. ANDERSON, P.Y. CHU, L.E. FITZPATRICK, G.A. LANG, E.P. James, S. Benjamin, C. Alexander, J.G.W. Kelley, Y. Chen, and M. Rostaminia. Advancement of Integrated Winter Weather Forecasts in the Great Lakes Region: Linking Operational Weather, Lake, and Ice Models and User Engagement. AMS 2020, Boston, Mass., January 12-16, 2020 (2020).
- ANDERSON, E.J., P. CHU, G.A. LANG, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, J.A. KESSLER, J.G.W. Kelley, Y. Chen, and A. Zhang. NOAA's Next-Generation Lake Superior Operational Forecast System (LSOFS). State of Lake Superior Conference, Houghton, Michigan, October 12, 2018. International Association of Great Lakes Research (2018).
- FUJISAKI-MANOME, A., E.J. ANDERSON, J.A. KESSLER, G.A. LANG, J. WANG, P. CHU, and A.D. GRONEWOLD. Impacts of Sensible Heat from Precipitation on Ice Cover in Large Lakes (poster). AGU Fall Meeting, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10-14, 2018 (2018).
- LOFGREN, B.M., M. Winton, J. WANG, E.J. ANDERSON, H. HU, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, J.A. KESSLER, C. XIAO, and G.A. LANG. Driving a 3-Dimensional Lake Dynamics Model Using a Global General Circulation Model: A Proof of Concept (poster). AGU Fall Meeting, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10-14, 2018 (2018).