Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at email@example.com.
- Ye, X., P. CHU, E.J. ANDERSON, C. Huang, G.A. LANG, and P. Xue. Improved thermal structure simulation and optimized sampling strategy for Lake Erie using a data assimilative model. Journal of Great Lakes Research 46(1):144-158 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2019.10.018) (2020).
- ANDERSON, E.J., A.F. MANOME, J. KESSLER, G.A. LANG, P.Y. CHU, J.G.W. Kelley, Y. Chen, and J. WANG. Ice Forecasting in the Next-Generation Great Lakes Operational Forecast System (GLOFS). Journal of Marine Science and Engineering 6(4):123 (DOI:10.3390/jmse6040123) (2018). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2019/20190003.pdf
- Kelley, J.G.W., Y. Chen, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, and J. Xu. Upgrade of NOS Lake Erie Operational Forecast System (LEOFS) to FVCOM: Model Development and Hindcast Skill Assessment. NOAA Technical Memorandum NOS CS 40. NOAA Office of Coast Survey,, Silver Spring, MD, 92 pp. (2018). https://repository.library.noaa.gov/view/noaa/17253
- Nalepa, T.F., C.M. Riseng, A.K. ELGIN, and G.A. LANG. Abundance and Distribution of Benthic Macroinvertebrates in the Lake Huron System: Saginaw Bay, 2006-2009, and Lake Huron, including Georgian Bay and North Channel, 2007 and 2012. NOAA Technical Memorandum GLERL-172. NOAA, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, 54 pp. (DOI:10.25923/aqe2-ma69) (2018). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/tech_reports/glerl-172/tm-172.pdf
* denotes speaker
- ANDERSON, E.J., P. CHU, G.A. LANG, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, J.A. KESSLER, J.G.W. Kelley, Y. Chen, and A. Zhang. NOAA's Next-Generation Lake Superior Operational Forecast System (LSOFS). State of Lake Superior Conference, Houghton, Michigan, October 12, 2018. International Association of Great Lakes Research (2018).
- FUJISAKI-MANOME, A., E.J. ANDERSON, J.A. KESSLER, G.A. LANG, J. WANG, P. CHU, and A.D. GRONEWOLD. Impacts of Sensible Heat from Precipitation on Ice Cover in Large Lakes (poster). AGU Fall Meeting, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10-14, 2018 (2018).
- LOFGREN, B.M., M. Winton, J. WANG, E.J. ANDERSON, H. HU, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, J.A. KESSLER, C. XIAO, and G.A. LANG. Driving a 3-Dimensional Lake Dynamics Model Using a Global General Circulation Model: A Proof of Concept (poster). AGU Fall Meeting, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10-14, 2018 (2018).
- ANDERSON, E.J., A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, J.A. KESSLER, P. CHU, J.G.W. Kelley, Y. CHEN, G.A. LANG, and J. WANG. Ice Forecasting in the Next-Generation Great Lakes Operational Forecast System (GLOFS). ECM15, 2018, 15th Estuarine and Coastal Modeling Conference, Seattle, Wash., June 25-27, 2018 (2018).
- CAVALETTO, J.F., H.A. VANDERPLOEG, E.S. RUTHERFORD, D. WELLS, P. GLYSHAW, D. FANSLOW, and G.A. LANG. Spatio-Temporal Organization of the Pelagic Food Web in Northern and Central Lake Huron in 2017. IAGLR 2018, 61st Conference on Great Lakes Research, Toronto, ON, Canada, June 18-22 (2018).
- KESSLER, J.A., A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, J. WANG, and P. CHU. High resolution coupled lake-ice modeling of Lakes Michigan, Huron, Erie American Geophysical Union Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, OR, February 11-18, 2018 (2018).
- ROWE, M.D., E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, S.A. RUBERG, S. Moegling, E.M. Verhamme, D. BELETSKY, H. ZHANG, and T.H. JOHENGEN. Development of a Hypoxia Forecast Model for Lake Erie: Retrospective Analysis of the First Season IAGLR 2018, 61st Conference on Great Lakes Research, Toronto, ON, Canada, June 18-22 (2018).
- VANDERPLOEG, H.A., E.S. RUTHERFORD, J.F. CAVALETTO, H. Carrick, V.J. Denef, G.A. LANG, D.M. MASON, S.A. POTHOVEN, D. WELLS, and P. GLYSHAW. Fine-Scale Organization of the Pelagic Food Web in Southern Lake Michigan: Does it Matter? State of Lake Michigan Meeting,, Green Bay, Wisconsin, November 7-10 (2017).